Thursday, January 19, 2012

I Will Cruise Again: Port of Call: Cayman Islands

Ok I have been procrastinating with posting my vacation pictures from months ago.  Sorry about that guys.  I've been meaning to post about my wonderful vacation so here goes at least the first port of call on our cruise last year.  On the third day of our cruise, after a full day of rain out at sea we finally docked at Cayman Islands on a beautiful sunny day. The boat was docked "tandem" away from the island.

We had to get on a smaller boat like the one below in order to get on land

Fresh young coconut sold on the side of the street by the port.

The best place to go was Seven Mile Beach.  Miles and miles of this beautiful scenery.  The only decision we had to make was which beach resort to go: the one with the best rum punch; more rum than the punch.

After a long day at the beach, we asked the taxi driver where we could get good local food that's close to the port.  She directed us to the Copper Kettle where we had some great food.  I ordered the Jerk Combo Platter that included ribs, chicken, rice and beans, plantain and yucca.  I also had the chance to taste turtle soup.  Beat that Anthony Bourdain...ok, it's not quite No Reservations but hey it's close enough! Needless to say we left the Copper Kettle with our bellies full!

Looking at these pictures makes me miss the warm and sunny weather since we are in the middle of winter.  I did some traveling last year and I hope that this year I will be able to get to go away again.  Do you have any adventures planned this year?

XOXO
Christine

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...