Friday, August 12, 2011

Who's afraid of the big bad wolf..and frog?

My cousin and her family were in the east coast, and it's always nice to spend time with them.  Her two children are growing up so fast.  Seems like yesterday they were little toddlers running around, now they are seven and nine year olds who pretty much can carry a well versed conversation with any adult.  When I first saw them, the youngest remembered that I had made her a monkey hat this past Christmas.  She requested that I make her a wolf hat because it's her favorite animal.  How could I say no?  So knowing that I would see them again days later, I told her that I would make it by the time I see her again.  She even designed her very own hat.  If I was going to make one a hat, of course I had to make the other a hat also! The nine year old requested a frog hat.  I managed to make them in time before they left for California.  Phew!
Wolf hat design
Someone's being silly with her new hat.
Frog hat
Even with the warm summer weather, they were both so happy with their hats that they wore them for most of the time we saw them during our family dinner!  This is why I love making things for people.  The happiness that it brings them is what makes me do it over and over again.
Until next time, go make something!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...