Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Fairy Terrarium

terrarium9

My Mama loves looking through magazines to find inspirations for DIY's...for me.  She knows me so well, doesn't she?  Well, I guess while going through old Martha Stewart Magazines she saw a pretend terrarium with a fairy inside.  Perfect for a gift for one of my favorite little girls!  I found it pretty easy too as long as you have all of the materials.  Plus, you can change it up to any kind of terrarium that you want.  I can see this being a great present for anyone.  Just find the right things to put inside!

terrarium1

Materials Used:
glass container with a lid (or plastic)
styrofoam disc 
artificial moss
plastic figure
various rocks
artificial flowers
artificial butterflies
newspaper for work area
E600 glue - not pictured
double pointed pins - not pictured

terrarium2
I glued the Styrofoam base on the bottom of the glass container.  It dented as I was putting it inside, but that's ok since the Styrofoam is going to be covered anyway.

terrarium3
I glued the rock on the Styrofoam and stuck the twig with a little bit of glue onto the Styrofoam.

terrarium4
Then, I glued the artificial moss and covered the Styrofoam, making sure that it is completely covered as well as the nooks and crannies and around the Styrofoam.  I used the double pointed pins just for extra security.

terrarium5 
Since my plastic figure is sitting, I placed it right on the rock.

terrarium6 
I added the rocks, flowers, and butterflies with glue.

terrarium7 
I glued the cover of the container.

terrarium91

I hope you enjoyed my little tutorial.
I think I'm going to be making more of these.  Such a great way to personalize a gift.
Let me know what you think!

8 comments:

Closet Fashionista said...

That is so cute! Definitely a great gift for a little girl! :)
http://www.closet-fashionista.com

Courtney Erin said...

Wow, that's really, really awesome - and so whimsical.

Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

LyddieGal said...

that is really cute, and so simple!

Laura Go said...

It's sooooo pretty! How sweet of your mom, too! :)

Ali of Dressing Ken said...

This soooo adorable I would have loved this as a child !

Ali of

www.dressingken.com

Sunny & Star said...

This is so adorable. I would have loved to have had this fairy one when I was little, well I can't deny that I would love having one now too.

Tracy @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights

Melissa Bandera said...

Love this tutorial! It looks so amazing!

Amy Z said...

Hi, Many of our fans are looking forward to see pictures from excellent bloggers like you on world's 1st eyewear styling community plus.firmoo.com, could we have the honor to see you there?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...