Monday, March 26, 2012

The Full Rodizio

There's nothing like starting the weekend a day early.  My husband happened to have the same day off, so we took the opportunity to get out of town.  We drove southbound toward New York and ended up at Rodizio Gtill.  We've had Brazilian food before, but we've never had this one yet.  I actually took some notes from a blog post that a fellow CT blogger Denise of Dee Cuisine wrote about the establishment.  Since it was lunchtime on a Friday, the place was not busy at all.  We had the full rodizio which meant we were able to have the buffet, apps, and all the grilled meat we wanted.  I just have to say that if anyone is planning on going there or to any Brazilian restaurant, make sure that you don't eat all day before you go or you wear elastic waist pants.
getting lost is part of the adventure
destination for the day
red means no more meat green means keep it coming
banana frita
polenta frita
pao de queijo
limeade
caipirinha
caipetuba
happy with his Brazilian limeade
no pictures please, not ready
posing like tourists

6 comments:

my thrifty closet said...

looks like a place for a sumptuous meaty meal. Brazilian diet is not for the faint hearted. Great pictures...i like the green and red idea.

mongs
mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

christine said...

Mongs, definitely left with a full belly. I'm glad it's quite a drive to get there which means we aren't able to go often. Or else I would have to loosen all of my clothes!

welldressedmaker said...

I love starting the weekend early! It makes me feel like I have more weekend to live for! :) omg the food looks delicious..

♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights
the shop of worldly delights

christine said...

The food was amazing. Three day weekends are the best!

Unknown said...

Great post. Glad you enjoyed it.
Funny! You were sitting at the same table we dined at =)

Denise
dee Cuisine

Unknown said...

Whoa, looks delicious! I probably would have stuffed myself into a food coma for the entire weekend, haha.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...