Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Soup Kind Of Day

From 80 degree weather and back to chilly 40 degrees.  What's up with this weather?  It was a cold damp day.  The kind of day that makes you want to stay in pajamas all day, under the covers, and just watch reality show marathons.   It was a soup kind of day.  Nothing like yummy homemade soup.  Not the boxed or canned, but the kind that just makes you feel all warm and cozy and makes your reminisce of happy memories in your childhood.  I made my great grandmother's chicken soup recipe and it turned out just how my mom makes it.  I like it when that happens.  What's your favorite comfort food to make?


7 comments:

Eli said...

Oooh I've always wanted to make veggie soup (feel stupid saying I never have!) must learn soon.

Also, loving the picture of the doggie with the mustache mug, soooo cute! :)

welldressedmaker said...

homemade soup is the best! this looks delish. It's been super chilly lately, that I've taken to make lots and lots of chicken pot pie (healthier version, of course) nomssss..

♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights
the shop of worldly delights

his little lady said...

ohhhh yum, yum, yum!!! love some homemade soup!
xo TJ

Courtney Erin said...

And now I totally want to make a big pot of soup!

Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

LyddieGal said...

mmmm yes, that looks so good to me. Plus I've got a cold. Again. I blame the crazy shifts in weather, even though I'm told that has no effect.
Chic on the Cheap

Sandy a la Mode said...

awesome close up shots of food!! i love soup!

Breakfast at the Zemke's said...

Oh yum. I know it's midnight but I want some soup right now! It's been rainy today and soup sounds so perfect.. maybe tomorrow for dinner!

Allyssa
breakfastatthezemkes.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...