Friday, March 16, 2012

My New Toy

To my surprise my sister gave me a sewing machine this past Christmas [thanks Marie!].  I was so excited and thrilled to get one.  For someone like me, this was a really great present.  It's been a few months since I got this beaut, and I just recently FINALLY used it.  

I've been using my Mama's vintage sewing machine.  You know, the one that is attached to a table, and has a leaf that opens and closes so you can actually hide the sewing machine [I'll have to take a picture of it one day].  After many years of using that one, this new one took a while to get used to.  Yes, I actually HAD TO read the manual.  There's still a few things to read about, but I'll get to it when I get to it.  So far this machine is simple and effective, and will get me to a new level of craftiness!  I can't wait to make things with it...maybe finally sewing over my hand sewn stitches on my curtains...or make some new products for my etsy shop...or refashion some thrift finds..or even make new fashion accessories similar to the ones that I drool over on magazines.  The possibilities are endless!!  I plan on making something with this new toy very soon.

11 comments:

my thrifty closet said...

nice gift! Looks almost identical to the one I just bought for myself. You will love it. I am enjoying myself so much with the machine. Really fun to sew!

mongs
mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

Closet Fashionista said...

My mom has one of those sewing machines too! But she doesn't use it, she has 2 others that she uses, haha. :)
And congrats on the bag, woohooo!!! You'll be an eBay pro soon enough!
http://www.closet-fashionista.com

simplyvonne said...

I really want one! I it's just sad that i dont know how to set it up though and putting the thread in the needles haha

Courtney Erin said...

I've been wanting to get one for years - lucky you! Can't wait to see what you make with it.

Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

Unknown said...

YAY!! That is so exciting! I got my very first sewing machine for my 26th birthday.. it's only a beginner one, so I have a lot to learn!

www.mythriftychic.com

t said...

Great gift!

http://initialed.blogspot.com

Nicole said...

eeps! i'm craving some craft projects right about now. but first i need one of these. :)

happy sunday friend!
xo

Unknown said...

My life would be a lil bit easier if I learned how to sew!
www.alwayssaygrace.com

LyddieGal said...

Yay, I'm sure you are going to create some very beautiful things with her!
Chic on the Cheap

Hattitude said...

Hattitude Style Blog

in may i'm purchasing a sewing machine. I can't wait to get one! does this one have buttons holes? how are you finding it? i need to research mine, there are SO many options to decide between!

talk soon wild child
-Hattie
Hattitude Style Blog

christine said...

Hattie - I think this is the most basic sewing machine out there. Not sure if it can make button holes...I haven't gotten that far in the manual (but I think it does). From what I hear, base your purchase on what you will be making and budget. I think this is the perfect machine for me as a novice sewer. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...