Thursday, September 27, 2012

Apple Crisp Weather

The weather has definitely changed and it has gotten much cooler over the past few weeks.  I must say that Fall is my favorite season.  It might be the temperature, colors, fashion, and warm cozy comfort food.  When it comes to food or should I say desserts I'm more of a cake and cupcake kind of person.  However, when my husband and I went on a recent trip to a local apple orchard and tried the wines and bought some cider donuts, I was in the mood for some apple - something.  Then my friend Megan of Closet Fashionista posted the apple crisp photos on Instagram, and it was over (thanks Meg!).  Amazing how one picture can inspire.  I had to make it.  Since I've never made such a thing, she suggested that I try the Martha Stewart Apple Crisp Recipe.  I hurried to the grocery store the next day after work and made sure that I had everything including ice cream and made this lovely and delicious creation.  I pretty much followed the recipe except that I doubled the topping recipe - just because.  Let's just say that this whole pan didn't last that long in my house. If you try it, you'll know why.  What's your favorite Fall food?
It all started with some Gala apples.
Kind of wished that I had a fancy apple peeler and corer.
Apples ready to be cored and sliced.
It was tough not to dig right in when it came out of the oven.
I personally was happy how it turned out with double the topping recipe...oh yea and my husband was too.
Apple Crisp A-La Mode.  De-lish.  De-lovely.

8 comments:

LyddieGal said...

I really love apple crisp. and apple pie. and apple cider.

what's not to love?

and next time you make it you'd better invite me over.

Amy said...

this look divine but im a terrible baker ! :(

http://coffeebeansandbobbypins.blogspot.com//

Jessica said...

I am trying desperately hard to convince myself that I will have enough free time at home this weekend that I can make myself an apple crisp.

Tracy @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights

Annie said...

Dontcha love apple crisp weather/season? I made some last week :) Yours looks ahhhmazing!

Annie
The Other Side of Gray

Closet Fashionista said...

So tasty, wasn't it!? I added a ton of extra cinnamon because I'm addicted to it, ha ha
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

lucia m said...

looks delicious!

xo

www.aroundlucia.com
www.aroundlucia.com

Unknown said...

I love apple crisp! But I definitely love the crisp more than the apples and am totally guilty of eating all the crisp and leaving all the apples!

welldressedmaker said...

ooooh scrumptious. I love baked apples. (regular ones, not so much since they are too huge to eat in one sitting) and I haven't made a pie or crisp in foreva!
♥laura
the blog of worldly delights
the shop of worldly delights

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...