Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Turn to the Left, Fashion!

I don't categorize myself as a style blogger.  There are so many of you out there and I am by no means going trying to claim myself as one.  I do however love fashion, trends, and shopping.  I love reading about it, get excited about it, and try to recreate it.  Shopping for the real deal off the runway, off the rack - fughettaboutit!  This is where my bargain hunting and sewing skills come in.  I stalk clothing at stores and wait for it to go on sale, or get similar affordable pieces compared to those seen on magazines.  I visit thrift stores to find what could be on trend that is a fraction of the price and maybe make some alterations.  Either way, I make it work for me and my itty bitty budget.  I've been asked what is my fashion style and recently I have been more open to patterns and prints but still stick to simple shapes and colors from time to time.
Some of my blogger friends who do outfit of the days would be proud of me for posting this...
this is as close as it's going to get - for now! haha  Baby steps.
What about you?  What's your fashion style and how do you accomplish your trademark "look"? 

5 comments:

simplyvonne said...

i am definitely not a fashion blogger and like you I just enjoy passion and love recreating the look. I am doing really well on my shopping ban!! it has been over a month since I last bought any clothes!!!! :D

welldressedmaker said...

I love your IG ootd photos! and I totes think you have great style, Christine. I don't know if I would call myself a "fashion" blogger, more like "personal style" blogger, I think.

Courtney Erin said...

I think you're a SUPER stylish lady and I love shopping with you (and miss it, sniff sniff) so I love seeing these little touches of what you're wearing.

Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

Louise Edu said...

I am loving that green/black/khaki print skirt with the yellow belt, that you're rockin there! Thrift store find? I'm on a budget too, and I am such a sale whore too! Pls excuse my french =P I love scouring the aisle caps for clearance at Target, and love love love Marshall's, TJ Maxx, Nordie Rack & go thrifting often! Cheers to bargain hunting!

livlovelaugh said...

hello~ just stopping by -- very cool blog~~

-liv
http://chocolivlovelaugh.blogspot.kr/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...