Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Candy Colors

When this time of the year comes around, there's always one thing that makes me head off to the stores.  After Valentine's Day and St. Patricks Day has ended, the stores are filled with Easter candies, decorations, cards, plastic grass, plastic eggs, etcetera etcetera etcetera.  Peeps...meh not too into them.  Cadbury Eggs.. don't really like the center part.  Jelly beans... chewy candy isn't really for me.  I pretty much bypass everything and head straight toward the Cadbury Mini Eggs.  Yessireeee.  So I happily purchased a bag just for the photos on this post.  Yay!  Seriously I just bought one.......
It all started in college when my dear friend Ping introduced them to me.  She would usually get the economy size warehouse super duper size and bring it over.  I don't remember how long this said bag of candy would last with our group of friends.  Most likely didn't last very long.  Ever since then, I have been addicted to this chocolatey goodness with the sugary and crunchy candy shell outside.  I have tried the dark chocolate version, and am personally not a big fan.  I would rather stick to the original milk chocolate.  Don't let me see these because it would be over.  You'd have to cut me off.  I'm serious.  For real.  Over!
Anyway besides my crazy obsession with this candy, I must say that I am also loving the pastel colors  which definitely go with the season and what's on trend at the moment.  I love food, especially when it translates to fashion, don't you?  [I would rather do that than think of the calories]  These are all pieces (similar color/style) that I have already.  Some new and some newly thrifted.  Either way, I'll be ready for this season.  I'd love to do a fashion post one day, but I'll have to get prepared for that.  We shall see.  I might have to get some tips and advice from my fashion blogger friends out there.
Easter Egg Hunt

17 comments:

Kristen said...

ooh yum <3 except i am trying hard to distance myself from any sort of chocolate...it is just to addictive!

love pastels. i def need to add more into my wardrobe!

Courtney Erin said...

I haven't had one of those in like 6 years. I'll take that bag off your hands for you.

Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

Bows and Sparrows said...

I can't be trusted around these! If I had a bag, they'd be gone in no time at all!

TrueLoveComesOnlyinBoutique said...

love this colours! if you want, take a look at my blog...we can follow each other, if you like it! kisses

truelovecomesonlyinboutique.blogspot.it

lovely said...

Bring on the chocolate and the peanut butter and I am in! I love Easter. Spring colors, kids having fun but not overly ridiculous fun like at Christmas lol, yummy food, new outfits, etc... I'm holding back buying a bag of anything Cadbury or egg-like though. I'd eat the whole thing in two seconds ;).

christine said...

Thanks for stopping by. Chocolate is definitely addicting and I try to do the same, keep away from them...but this one- I can't.

christine said...

Sorry Courtney. I need to be "cut off". Over! Done! Gone! LOL

christine said...

Welp, Erin.....I am definitely the same. Exactly the same.

christine said...

Thanks for stopping by :)

christine said...

Hah! A splurge once in a while is alright :)

welldressedmaker said...

It's funny because I used to LOVE Cadbury, but they haven't tasted the same since they were bought out years ago :( I do indulge every once in a while with a fruit and nut bar, though!
♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights
the shop of worldly delights

Unknown said...

These are basically the only chocolate I actually like. I've finished two bags already... and Easter still isn't for like a week. Oh well...

LyddieGal said...

I'm with you - forget all that chewy sugary crap and bring on the mini eggs. I think we've been through about 4 bags already and it's not even easter yet.
Chic on the Cheap

christine said...

Ooh fruit and nut bars...that's something I haven't had in a LONNNGGG time!!

christine said...

I'm so relieved that I'm not the only one.

christine said...

I think you, Alex, and I will need to go to Cadbury Mini Egg rehab after Easter...but wait... after Easter, they'll be on sale!! ok rehab around May

sgrmse. said...

so prettyyyyy~ gaahh. i positively cooed at this page for like, a good five minutes. lol. i miss dark chocolate, though! :(( can't get decent choc here. suckss.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...