Thursday, April 12, 2012

For the Ears: When I'm Walking...

Am I showing my age with the songs that I've been picking? hmm.  Ah well.
This song reminds me of high school when Doc Martens were cool, dying your hair a shade of Kool Aid Pink was hot, Timberlands, flannel shirts, going to the mall after school, and going to the literary magazine meeting was more important than anything (ok maybe to me that was a big deal).  It was when the days of grunge alternative and Wu-Tang in the radio waves ... not at the same time nor on the same radio station.  Also, did I mention that I saw Violent Femmes on concert?  Funny how songs bring back snippets of memories.  Then how weird is it to hear that song in a television commercial not even closely related to the song or to hear my cousin's little three year old singing the words?
[We won't discuss the meaning of the song or the controversy with the commercial]

1 comment:

Courtney Erin said...

Totally brings back memories for me too!

Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...